Last Updated: 5th November 2018.
We believe you should feel informed when it comes to us handling your personal data. Therefore, this policy explains:
- What information we collect when you’re using Our Site
- Why we collect that information
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we keep your data protected
- What choice and options you have to control your information
We're committed to respecting the privacy of all the visitors and users of Our Site, we are dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal information before using this website. By using our website, you are accepting and consenting to these practices.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Infused Learning, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB.
- Our Site is owned and operated by Infused Learning, a company limited by guarantee registered in England under company number 08914744, whose registered address is 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB.
- Our contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone number: 01159671513.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Tara Askham and they can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01159671513, or by post at: FAO Tara Askham, Infused Learning, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, NG1 3FB.
Types of Data collected
- Among the types of Personal Data that Our Site collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name, phone number, company name and email address.
- Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using Our Site.
- Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by Our Site is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for Our Site to provide its services. In cases where Our Site specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
- Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through Our Site and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to Infused Learning.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
Infused Learning takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Infused Learning, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Our Site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Infused Learning. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Infused Learning at any time.
Legal basis of processing
Infused Learning may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations Infused Learning may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Infused Learning is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Infused Learning;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Infused Learning or by a third party.
- In any case, Infused Learning will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
- The Data is processed securely online and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
- Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
- Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Infused Learning to safeguard their Data.
- If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or enquire with Infused Learning using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Infused Learning and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of Infused Learning’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Infused Learning within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Infused Learning.
- Infused Learning may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Infused Learning may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
- The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Infused Learning to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics and Contacting the User.
- Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable Infused Learning to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Contact form (Our Site)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes Our Site to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: company name, email address, first name, last name and phone number. We will hold the data for no longer than 12 months.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Infused Learning. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Infused Learning, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Infused Learning will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Infused Learning.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
- Details about the right to object to processing
- Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Infused Learning or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Infused Learning, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Infused Learning is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Infused Learning through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Infused Learning as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
- The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Infused Learning in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Our Site or the related Services.
- The User declares to be aware that Infused Learning may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
- For operation and maintenance purposes, Our Site and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Our Site (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
- More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Infused Learning at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Definitions & Meanings:
- “Cookie”means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site
- “Cookie Law”means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- “personal data”means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for website analytics and advertising services. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table in the subsequent section of this document. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies Our Site Uses
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and other similar companies as implemented from time to time. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|We store this parameter when you click through from a Google Ad and store this to track an enquiry source if you contact Us.||14 days|
|These are stored to help us understand the effectiveness of our Google Adwords campaigns||3 months|
|_ga||This is a Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users on our website||2 years|
|_gid||This is a Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users on our website||24 hours|
|_gat_gtag||This is a Google Analytics cookie used to to throttle request rate.||1 minute|
|cookieconsent_dismissed||This is a functional cookie to remember your consent to install cookies on your browser.||1 year|
The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Google (Analytics, AdWords, Doubleclick)||Through using Our Site Google will install a number of cookies on your browser. These cookies will be a mixture of unique IDs for identification purposes and cookies set to remember your preferences across Google products. In all cases, this cookie information is likely to be used to optimise adverts you see around the internet, and will allow Us to target you with adverts after you leave our website. We also use Google Analytics to optimise user journeys through our website and to run performance reporting on how users behave on our website.||https://policies.google.com/technologies/types|
Consent and Control
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a notification bar or box our Our Site requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. If you do not consent to us placing Cookies in your browser you must leave Our Site immediately.
In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in some mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Google Chrome (Android)
- Internet Explorer, Windows 10 & Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari (macOS)
- Safari (iOS)
- Mozilla Firefox
Changes to this Policy
Infused Learning reserves the right to make changes to this Policy at any time by giving notice to its Users on this page and possibly within Our Site and/or - as far as technically and legally feasible - sending a notice to Users via any contact information available to Infused Learning. It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the top. Any such changes will become binding on you on your first use of Our Site after the changes have been made.
In the event of any conflict between the current version of this Policy and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Infused Learning shall collect new consent from the User, where required.